Saturday, November 12, 2011

Positive Thinking

If there is one thing in the world I detest it's the 24 hour stomach flu. I know there are debates that state there is no such thing, but I am here to tell you.... it exists. I get it about once every other year and it's absolutely miserable. Approximately 24 hours of non-stop puking (yes, I know... not the visual you wanted) and feeling like a Mac truck drove over your entire body.

For me, I started a blissful evening last night with Mr Big.... a usual Park City night of wonder that I look forward to every other week or so and after 6 hours, it hit. Like a bomb. Either that, or the sushi we had for dinner, but I do believe I know the difference between food poisoning and stomach flu. Or at least I hope.

It is now 1PM and here is what I am thinking: this stomach flu is going to help me drop a few pounds. Nothing I can do about it, simply just aiding in my weight loss plan. And because I am such a ridiculously high-strung woman, this will force me to relax today which I truly have a very tough time accomplishing on a regular basis. No cleaning. No errands. No work. Just couch and TV. Right now, it's the BBC DVD series "The Mistresses". Don't ask me why- just sounded intriguing. And thus far it surely is.

So, THINK POSITIVE. There is a light at the end of every tunnel- even the stomach flu deep, dark, gross tunnel: weight loss, cleansing, relaxation and crazy TV shows. With that, I may try some water and an apple for the first time in 18 hours. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment