Sunday, November 13, 2011

Liking the Customer Service

If you read yesterday, you saw that I am dealing with a bout of the stomach flu. It has surpassed the 24 hours and we are now going onto 48 hours... Much better today, but still not great. I have been sucking down Pedialyte (gotta save those electrolytes) all day. This morning I had a banana. It stayed down. I just had some chicken noodle soup... has stayed down. First things to stay down since Friday night. I hope I am on a roll now.

Yesterday I never left the house. Today, while not 100% better, I was going stir crazy and had to run a few brief errands. I must say customer service over the weekend has been great.

First, since I was "couch ridden", I decided to book all my December work hotel stays at Hiltons. Somehow, I made a mistake and booked for last night rather than December. When I tried to cancel- they said, sorry- time has expired and I must pay for it! Really? So I called the 800 number, they heard my store and canceled the room. Nice. Easy.

Today, I ran to Walmart and Home Depot. Now, first I must say... I despise Walmart. I only go when there are things I really must have that cost much more elsewhere. Well, and also because there is no Target in Park City. We need a Target. So, Walmart.... bought the 4 things I needed and the cashier was the friendliest cashier I have encountered in quite some time. She made me smile. Then to Home Depot to return the (wrong) garbage disposal and exchange a kitchen faucet. I did not have my receipt. No questions- just a very easy simple process. Smooth. Loved it.

I must say between Hilton, Walmart (gross) and Home Depot, I was a pleased customer this weekend. Now if my stomach flu could be as accomodating. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment