Monday, January 5, 2009

My Dad Says Animals Don't Have Working Brains

I'm not sure if I'm crabby because I'm sitting in the airport awaiting a delayed flight or because I did not get much sleep last night. Well, I think it's both, but please let me explain the sleep.

When I moved to California, one of my goals was to get the most comfortable mattress ever made. I spent $4,000 (yep I said 4 grand) on a fabulous pillow-top that I adore. One would think for that price it would fly, vibrate, talk to me.... nope, it just feels really, really comfy. Being single, I sleep alone (well.... at least most of the time...), but over the past few weeks, I have let Casey, the famous feisty kitty, sleep in the bed as well. I take the side by the night stand and she curls into a little ball on the other. So it goes...

Yesterday I washed my sheets (another big purchase with some ridiculously high thread count that feel like butter on my sleeping skin- Gosh, I really am a shopping whore!) and when I put them back on, I decided the "night stand side" was looking a little more "slept in" than the other, so I it is time for me to flip to the other side for a little balance of the luscious pillow-top.

Time for bed... OH NO! Casey was NOT having it- it was if she was saying... "You may be my keeper, but what the heck do you think you are doing lady? That's my side!".... as she continued to paw me and try to get to me move over. It did not stop there... she jumped on me and again tried to push my head. There was so much confusion, neither of us were sure what to do. However, after about 20 minutes of battle, and me not giving up, Casey finally did and curled into her little ball on the "night stand side". BUT- I swear, during the night, she tried again... not a happy kitty was she...

Morale of the story? Dad, so much for your theory. I believe animals really do have working brains- especially my Casey. And they are stubborn (that is obvious). She is a genius...

No comments:

Post a Comment