Friday, July 6, 2012

Stories from a Crazy Traveler

As you know, I usually travel on average every week of every month- at least once. Sometimes just an overnight trip, sometimes several days in a row and once an awhile for weeks at a time. This week, July 4th week, I had the luxury of being at home the entire week.  I arrived home Monday evening and don't fly again until this coming Monday afternoon. 6 entire days and 7 nights in a row in my own bed.  Lucky me.

Of course I still had to work, but I also got a TON of personal stuff accomplished before work, on lunch breaks and on the nights I did not work super late:
Downloaded Ereader books
Downloaded pictures
Had some jewelry repaired
Dropped of some dry cleaning (and picked it up in the same week!)
Went to the bank
Got a mammogram
Went to the chiropractor
Hand washed some sweaters
Donated blood (or will be soon)
Hair cut and colored (again, will soon... the week is not over yet)

Pretty decent list if I do say so myself. Is this how the "normal" people live and get things done?  I know I am a bit kooky, but it's my life.
I know people with kids who work believe they have it hardest. I believe those of us who are single. travel for work non-stop and are never home to get things done have it even harder.  Just sayin'.

Ok, done ranting. Time to relax. To-do list is complete.  For awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment