Sunday, October 30, 2011

Coupon Crazy

Have you seen that show about crazy coupon people? Women (yes, it is most always a woman) who spends her life cutting coupons to basically get groceries for free? Insane.

Well, that is not me. But, I will admit I am very gullible when it comes to coupon offers. 30% off at Gap, Banana Republic, etc., 20% off or $5 off a purchase of $15 or more at Bed, Bath & Beyond, surprise 15, 20 or 30% off at Kohls, etc. Give me a coupon to a place I like and I am there.

Ok, I sometimes I will simply go because I have a coupon and other times I will wait to buy something I need or want until I actually have a coupon. For example, Gap... yep, I will just go and shop. BB &B, this time I waited because I needed a new hairdryer and I was not going to spend the extra $5 if I could wait for a coupon! I did that today.

I also sometimes, just sometimes, will actually open a store credit card if the discounts are simply that good. For example, I love J Crew... and for every $500 you spend, you get a $25 gift card. Yep, so worth it for me. Especially visiting the J Cew Outlet in Park City. So great!

Now that I do not get a newspaper at home, I fail to use the proper amount of grocery store coupons, but if I am eating healthy with lots of fruits and veggies, and leans meats, there are not coupons for those places, are there..... nope- just store "specials".

Anyway, I confess to my shopping addiction. It's there. But these coupons do help for saving up for fabulous finds such as my lovely Prada, Jimmy Choo, and others that NEVER have coupons. Oh the horror!

Shop 'til you drop, friends. I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment