Saturday, October 15, 2011

Darien Does Dallas

Last night I arrived in Park City (yes, Park City... the love of my life) after 4 days in Dallas for work. I knew the week would be stressful so I was very on purpose about planning to be healthy and not sucked into eating like crap and not working out due to staying up late drinking to much. I deal with the "all too familiar endless meal buffets" and late night drinking binges associates with out of town meetings.

So, here is what I promised myself:
Only certain foods consumed from each said buffet (i.e. veggies, lean meats, etc.)
Limited cocktails at night
In bed early enough to be able to get up and exercise at least every other day

And.... drum roll.. it worked! Aside from lots of stress and sad news that occurred, I was not over tired, I felt good and I lost 2 pounds! See, friends, it IS possible to be healthy under peer pressure, traveling and crappy food offerings.

What else can I tell you about Dallas:
No hills or mountains
Cheaper gas (this is where oil comes from, right?)
Lots and lots of beef
Decent weather (apparently the record breaking heat has passed)
Whataburger in place of In & Out Burger
Ranger and Cowboys (the athletic kind of course)

Yep, That's all.
Dallas was decent. Now back to lovely Park City. I love u, PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment