Saturday, October 29, 2011

Reno and Prior

I have some good news and some bad news... well, actually lots of good news and just 1 piece of bad news to share today.

Let' start with the good news of course.
Last weekend, after spending some time out of town for some other bad news (that we are not going to talk about since it has been put to rest and we must put positive vibes out there now), I ended the weekend with PINOT ON THE RIVER in wine country.. Healdsburg, CA to be exact.
Check this out:

More than 50 wineries
All serving Pinot Noir (my favorite varietal of red wine)
In 1 square block
With the BEST Humboldt Fog Cypress cheese to nibble on
Other local haunts and wineries to visit (Portalupi was my fave!)
All you can drink for one low price

Wow- huh!? Nice for a sunny Sunday afternoon. My teeth may be permanently purple.

Next up... Holiday Leadership Meeting for work in Reno. That is the bad news. Just Reno. Kids, not a fan. The meeting and people there were FANTASTIC, but Reno lacks some luster. Literally. We stayed at The Nugget. I am sure in the late 80's (when it was constructed) it was quite the joint- but these days... well, let's just say it got the job done, but I am fine if I never visit that hotel again. Ever.

But, to be fair, let's share a few positive points of The Nugget:
Inexpensive
Few edible goodies in my room every night
Starbucks in the lobby
Cute old women serving as hostesses who continually referred to me as "cutie" or "sweetie"
Good water pressure in the shower
Free cocktails

Ok. Done with that.

Aside from The Nugget itself, the meeting was a success (I can breath now) as well as I got to spend time with LOTS of wonderful Best Buy people for 4 days, many who are also great friends. Of course, this mostly involves food, but a few more highlights shall you visit Reno in the near future:

Dinner with my HR team at Ichiban at Harrah's (always a hit)
Bistro 7 with my local team- fabulous red velvet cake after a tasty meal
Gaslamp to round out the week- everything was delicious (thanks Vanessa, Colleen & Rudy!)

Done with HLM. Now onto more holiday prep in the stores. It's retail fever. The time is upon us. But for now... coffee, my couch and E! News are on the agenda.
Happy Saturday to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment