Saturday, December 4, 2010

December Delights

Saturday night. Fire glowing in the fireplace. Just had a little vanilla bean ice cream with red & green sprinkles in spirit of the season. Casey cuddling next to me. Cheesy Hallmark channel Christmas movie on TV. These are the things the holiday season are made of.

Got me thinking of what December is made of for ME. Lots of things, actually. Just a few to share...

Above mentioned- Christmas movies on TV...Lifetime, ABC Family, Hallmark...yes, sappy- but so required this time of year. Right now it's "Farewell Mr Kringle" and next up is "Christmas Cupid". I know... eyes are rolling.

Can't get enough gingerbread cake from Starbucks. Yum! Fat free and low calorie, right!? You bet. I have not yet forgone my "tall coffee, black" in exchange for the gingerbread latte or some other calorie laden festive froth, but I just may one of these days...

Comfy, warm clothes. Specifically flannel shirts. Have you checked out US Weekly, In Style, or other rags lately? All the celebs are wearing them- often with scarves and skinny jeans, of course. I must say- the J. Crew version are my fave this season. Comfy, cute and trendy without being "over trendy".

Christmas music 24/7 on the "light" radio stations. Love that! Or, my many, many Christmas CDs. While I am very partial to all 6 or more Amy Grant Christmas CDs I own, I also believe The Blenders, Jewel, and Taylor Swift are pretty good. 30-plus days of holiday lyrics are enough to keep the spirits high until the next year.

Ugg boots. Again, eye rolls here. But I love the comfy boots- especially in December- when the ground is cool and, in some cases, covered in the white stuff (think Utah and Minnesota for this California girl). Black, brown, suede, or leather. I love 'em. So cute with jeans. Hmmm.. maybe matched with that J. Crew flannel....

Those are a few of my favorite December things. Oprah nor Julie Andrews I may not be, but hey.... a fun blogger am I!

Until next time, ho ho ho...

No comments:

Post a Comment