Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fa La La La Lifetime

I have another confession to make: I'm cheesy (as if you didn't know that already if you a) have read my blog or b) know me at all). This time it revolves around super cute holiday movies.

B (or C or D) list actors, incredibly sappy plots (well, not sure if they could be defined as "plots", more like "attempted story line") and very unrealistic over-the-top happy endings.

I wonder if anyone has taken a count of how many holiday movies there are each year? Hundreds I am sure. As I mentioned in my previous post- Lifetime, ABC Family, Hallmark Channel, etc. all house these holiday movies. But the focus of this blog is simply Fa La La La Lifetime. I know, I just like to type it. And say it out loud.

Right now I have on the screen of my Geek Squad mounted HD Samsung (thanks Best Buy) the film (again I use the term film loosely) "All I Want for Christmas". This one covers all of the stereotypes:
* Virtually unknown actress (she was a killed off supporting actress on Dawson's Creek years ago)
* Set in some small town that always has an over-the-top Christmas theme
* Some bah-humbug characters
* Some hot guy
* Some funny, heart-loving character you just can't help chuckling at
* And, of course, the angst-ridden story line about "saving Christmas", "finding love", or something similar

Ah, the joys of these fun flicks. Yes, they are crazy cheesy, sappy, goofy, and could be described as "tear jerkers" by some, but I love 'em each year. They are all the same and some I watch year after year- think updated versions of "A Christmas Carol"- one from a few years ago with "Facts of Life" (tomboy Jo) fame Nancy McKeon- "Comfort and Joy" and a new one tonight with Christina Millian- "Christmas Cupid"- even the titles make me chuckle.

Time to sit back, relax with some fresh pressed coffee, and enjoy a little holiday cheer before I hit the gym. As a matter of fact, this holiday cheer just may make the treadmill run go by just a little faster with headphones and the treadmill TVs... Fa La La La Lifetime my friends. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment