Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thought Provoking Sunday

Forgive me as I get a little more philosophical than I usually do for my goofy blog updates (that most often consist of fashion, pop culture, and mindless fun...) but today my brain (for once versus my heart) is pushing me a little off kilter.

I am not one for New Year's Resolutions. I think they are stupid. If you want to lose weight, why not have a healthy life style everyday? If you want to save money, is January 1st really going to change your habits? I think not, so I just don't do them. With that said, it does not mean you can't make a change in your life if one day you just simply decide to do it. Mine just happens to be August 1. Just worked out that way (I won't post the why- just trust me- it was an event of monstrous proportions!)

I have been making a choice for the past 16 months that makes me really happy one day and really sad the next. No, I'm not a drug addict or an alcoholic- truly nothing for anyone reading my blog to worry about- but it is an addiction of sorts, I guess you could say. Anyway, I have continued to justify my choice every day nonetheless because I KNOW I deserve it- I work really, really hard, I genuinely do things in the spirit of caring about others, and I am a good person- so I deserve something to really makes ME happy, right? Or so I keep telling myself...

But, please know that my life is really, really great- I have everything I could ask for, I work hard for the joys of my life, and I spend quality time with and make memories with those who make me a better person. I am happy, healthy, and surrounded by amazing people. There is just this one thing that needs justification (in my head) because it makes me feel guilty all the time even though I could not stop it.

Today, in one full swoop, it came to a head. Just like that. Why? Well, I can't tell you why, but I can tell you it did. Change can happen just like that. And it did for me today.

So, with that, you can still expect to see silly pictures, fashion tidbits, and ridiculous posts that make no sense, but are for just for fun (that's what blogs are for, are they not!?) but you MAY notice a slight difference in how I show up... and yes, I may go through the ups and downs (SARA model, right?- shock, anger, resistance, acceptance)... but I commit to moving on from this decision that has been plaguing me for the last 16 months. It is always better if you state it out loud and make it known.

Who is ready for some change AND some fun? I know I am..... ready for an amazing August!!!
Thanks in advance for coming back from some more of the regular Darien's Details coming soon!!! I do believe August is one of the very best months of the year (my very best friend's birthday is in August for a start).... let's see... Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment