Sunday, July 25, 2010

Just a Little Weekend Update

Sometimes the weekends without much planned are the best... nice to be home in the Bay area with warm weather and sunshine. Let's see what I accomplished... well, nothing, but it's been a good one!

Yesterday, Saturday, is always the best day of the week in my book. Slept in, enjoyed coffee in the sunshine, and watched a little "chick TV" before I headed to the gym. After the workout and a little more relaxation, I made it into Walnut Creek for a little shopping. The Creek is the best! If you saw my Facebook page, you know the intent was a wedding gift and I ended up shopping for myself too: GAP and Loft. Came away with some skinny jeans, work pants, a few work shirts, and fun accessories. Fun!

After shopping, I had some time to spare before Jarrod came home from work and we went out for dinner at the new joint in town. I (no clue why) decided to watch The Jersey Shore (God help me)- I became addicted for a few hours. Ugh! I now know what the hype is all about... it's like CRACK- unbelievable... not good, not talented, just simply unbelievable.... There are really people like that out there in this world?? ... er... New Jersey??? Wow. I confess. I watched 3 hours. Ugh again.

The good news is Jarrod and I went to the new "Jack's" for dinner. 1 hour wait was less than 40 minutes and the food was more than decent. What was best? the cute guys in the bar... new hot spots in Pleasant Hill attracts the "talent"- that's for sure. Will go back- that's definite. And will bring my single girls. :)

Today, after another workout, Jennifer and I met for breakfast at the usual Chow. Love that place on the weekends. Yummy. Nice to have some girl time over good food and coffee sittin' in the sun. Now just home enjoying a little more TV time on the couch before I pack and head to Portland for the week (don't like to travel Sunday, but one of the "fun" parts of the job). Lovely weekend. Nice after a long, busy work week, or should I say weeks. I know there are many more to come. That is why I do NOT take the unplanned weekends for granted. That's what life is all about. Take it as it comes. Simple pleasures...

Time to lay back and relax a little more over a Lifetime movie... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment