Monday, July 5, 2010

Very Odd 4th of July Holiday...

Hmmm... while it was fun, I had a very strange 4th of July holiday yesterday. Seriously, folks, I do NOT make this stuff up. How could I???

First, I woke up to a mocking bird outside my window at 7:30AM. Now I am not even sure if a mocking bird really exists in the world, but let me tell you, in this case, there is such a thing. I swear this annoying bird was repeating everything he heard from the night prior. I heard the repeat of my upstairs neighbor singing (and it ain't good!), whatI swear was the cast of Jersey Shore (which as you all know, ain't good either!!!), and a rendition of some cheesy Miley Cyrus song...

The day was intended to be very relaxing until the evening, but that changed when the fire alarms went off in the common areas of my condo around 10AM. So, outside we went.... it took the PC fire department about 12 minutes to arrive with 2 fire trucks, a police car, and an ambulance which for, which I would bet money, was someone simply using an emergency exit door while under the influence of Saturday July 3 alcohol (I was correct). BUT the firemen were SO CUTE- and nice! That was a very pleasant surprise. You expect fireman to be cute (aka calendar men) and they surely lived up to the expectation for this girl (sorry Mr Big).

Back to relaxation and movies on the couch.... wait... about 2 hours later... it went off AGAIN! This time I decided to take my time, get on my workout clothes, and head out to get away from the screeching. By the time I got back from working out, the cavalry was gone and a neighbor said it was the same. People- read the signs!!!

Next up.... heading down the road in PC, I come across a zebra, a buffalo, and a goat simply frolicking on the side of the road, grazing on grass. How random is that??? I wish I would have thought to take a photo- I may go back again today and check it out. Wow- that was strange. Made me smile. Not something you see everyday.

Last oddity of the day... Joaquin Phoenix. Not the cute JP of days gone by, but also not the crazy guy on David Letterman JP either--- kinda an in-between JP - little "odd", but typical celebrity sighting in PC these days..... Again, made me smile.

Well, was able to get back on the normality track to end the holiday with great PC Mountain Resort fireworks with some good wine. Nice way to end a "kinda weird" 4th of July.

Happy Birthday USA- I am honored to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment