Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Maybe it's the Valium, maybe it's the vicodin..... but here are some VERY random thoughts for the day... This lovely Tuesday in July:

First, I had my 2nd eye surgery of Epi Lasek today. This seemed to go even better than the 1st. Jarrod, little brother, had the opportunity to watch and he said it was disgusting and gross. I can't imagine "scraping an open eyeball" could be anything but. Well, I feel good, give me a week, I will be ready to rock. Had them check eye #1 today and it's 20/20 vision. Never thought I would "see" the day... Medical technology is incredible.

What else.... well, I must go back to one of my very inaugural posts: animals and their brains. I swear, my kitty is smart. She was hiding today, so I yelled "treat!" and she came running for her milk. Just to test myself, I tried something again just now. She was hiding again, so I yelled several things- yelling her name, whistling (not good, but it got the job done), etc. Nothing. Then I yelled "treat" and there she was. See. Animals are smart. :) As a matter of fact, I think Casey is simply a genius. Yep, my cat.

Next, I seriously laugh out loud EVERY time I watch "Two & a Half Men". I am amazed by the writing- the lines are hilarious. Even if they are repeat episodes, I can't help but giggle relentlessly. Have you watched? If not, yes I know Charlie Sheen is no winner, but I don't care- this show is sensational. Made my Tuesday with their witty banter.

Up for debate... why am I and millions of other women (and some men...) so obsessed with ridiculously expensive shoes?? Between what I have spent on Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Christina Louboutain, and Brian Atwood, I could buy another house. But I just can't get enough. Ladies, what is it??? I know Carrie Bradshaw and friends have influence, but come on. I am serious plotting what my next purchase will be. Any suggestions??? My stomach is flipping with the excitement and anticipation... shoes, shoes, and more shoes!!!

Now that I am done thinking about expensive shoes (for the moment), why is it that all major bills happen at the same time??? House insurance (2 houses), car insurance, car tabs, timeshare annual dues... all of that is about $2,500 (and I am sure I am forgetting something) and now my association in San Fran is asking $2,300 for new garage doors! Wow- what to do... Does this happen to others? Maybe I should plan better... thanks heavens for savings accounts!

Last, I have been doing VERY well on my exercise and healthy diet/life-style for quite some time (seriously, I have not had my beloved french fries since January, ordered some the other night, and didn't even want them when they were served-- what has happened to me? I guess it's good- cravings have changed). So, reward night after enduring the eye surgery today. Choice: pepperoni pizza, Dr Pepper, and Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. Yum! Just waiting for the pizza to be delivered now and Jarrod to return from the grocery store with the soda and ice cream. This will be a good night and then back to the elliptical and balancing the 5 food groups tomorrow. Here we go...

Ladies and gentleman, life is good. If these are my worst dilemmas to ponder, I shall not complain... but I would love suggestions on the shoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment