Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fall TV Premiers!

I figured Emmy Award Sunday was a good time for a post about the new FALL TELEVISION PREMIERS! I love this time of year. And I love my DVR so I can catch up on the fun stuff when I get back from traveling like a crazy woman. Nothing like running through a 60-minute show in 40 minutes after fast forwarding through the commercials. Love technology!

First off, let's talk about was was cancelled this year (which makes me sad of course- but really not to many were cancelled on my list):
Mercy
Eastwick (ok, not that good, but kinda fun- this one was expected)
Accidentally on Purpose
Cold Case
Ghost Whisperer (I admit- I love Jennifer Love....)

According to the "news", there were 84 cancelled this season, but those are the only 5 I will miss- and of those 5, only 2 or 3 that I will REALLY miss :)

What's new?:
Law & Order type dramas it seems--- don't get me wrong, I liked Law & Order, but only so much you can deal with these shows. Here are MY new faves debuting in September-

Running Wilde (think Arrested Development meets Felicity)
Better With You (Joanna Garcia is a cute, fun actress)
My Generation (social media junkies should love this)

I believe that's about all for the newbies for me. I may give a few of the L&O-esque types a shot, but we will see. With my faves returning, my DVR schedule will be very full. Here are my faves returning:
The Good Wife (probably one of the best)
Parenthood
The Biggest Loser (can't get enough Jillian, Bob, and the recruits!)
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
Big Bang Theory (some great writing!)
Brothers & Sisters
Two & a Half Men (and despite Charlie Sheen and his issues, still some of the funniest writers out there!)


Let's not even get started on the premium channels. HBO and Showtime have some amazing shows that are off the Fall-premier schedule.... most of these are simply the best:

Dexter
Entourage
True Blood
Nurse Jackie
US of Tara
Weeds
The Big C

I love TV. It's my escape from busy life. Aside from the premium channels that have already started, the "big" season starts September 1st- with America's Next Top Model (I know... I know...) and ends with the best, The Good Wife, on September 28. It's going to be a great Fall for TV on the Darien DVR!

No comments:

Post a Comment