Saturday, March 31, 2012

Land of Candy

I love Lafayette, California.  A quaint little area with nice restaurants, little shops, and great places to hike.  Today, after a went to be muscular-and-bone-adjusted by Dr Stacy, I popped in Powell's Sweet Shoppe.  Love it!

I am intelligent enough to know treats are much more expensive here- speciality shops like this, but who can resist!?  Fun, fun, fun!

Where Darien began today:
Pez in all shapes and sizes
Every flavor of Jelly Belly
Old fashioned candy bars (and by old I mean well before I was born as well as the 70's and 80's)
Gelato
Pop rocks, candy rings, and other fun "candy toyz"
Mints, mints and more mints
Every gummy known to man
Gourmet chocolate
Candy that oozes stuff (?)

Ok, I did not buy all of that- of course not.
But fun to look. And pretend I am Veruca Salt (better her than Augustus Gloop).

And the movies playing, music blaring and excited kids everywhere, the environment is addicting. Yep.

Well, I had fun.  The fun I had was worth the $20 I spent. 
Did I mention they have Scottie dog shaped licorice? :)

I heart Powell's Sweet Shoppe!

No comments:

Post a Comment