Saturday, March 24, 2012

Do You Speak Italian?

Soooo sleepy.... even after 8-9 hours of (kinda decent) sleep, I am still whipped. Stress takes it out of ya. But, after many long work weeks, I welcome some relaxing weekend time every week.

After Mr. Big so wonderfully showed up with some gourmet cupcakes and pretty blooming tulips, we went out to try a new place for dinner (thanks for the recommendation Vanessa!)- Al Dente on Main Street (previously Jean-Louise). Yum!

Cozy booths and nice servers to start.
Fresh bread with whole garlic cloves & balsamic, Ice Blue martinis and tuna carpaccio to begin the meal- all tasty- beyond our expectations.
Next up- Chicken pesto fettuccini for him & standard spaghetti & meatballs for me. Shared a little. Ate alot.
No room for dessert- way too full!

And.... meals and cocktails for under $100 including tip is pretty good these days. Gotta love that.

Yep, sleepy today, but nice, relaxing time last night helped. And new Italian joint I will definitely recommend and visit again.
I guess I should hit the gym before I get too cozy on the couch today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Darien, Ralph here. Remember me from CC? Saw the news on BBY today and thought of you. Nice to see your blog here. Hope you are doing well and enjoying the good life. Nice to see you out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Of course I remember you! Hope you are doing well. Where are you at these days? I am on email at darienholznagel@comcast.net

      Delete