Friday, December 2, 2011

Am I Too Old For This Crap?

Another long, but good work week.... meetings, dinners, being social, solving problems.... and to top it off, after a planning/alignment/team building day yesterday, along with 7 fabulous co-workers- all who happen to be men- we decided to stay out and "party" until 2AM! Seriously!? What was I thinking!? I am not 21 anymore.

Yes, after a 10-hour work day, we went to dinner- low-key seafood at the Pier in San Fran.... then a stop for a "night cap" turned into 2 more bars, a view of Occupy San Francisco, a few semi-naked San Franciscans and a wonderful cover band at Dan's Bar back in Walnut Creek.

A solid meal of seafood, lots of water and lots of walking helped the martinis not take over this 30-some-year-old body, so we aren't even talking "hangover" here---- we are simply stating this: I don't want to get in the habit of having a very long night of fun that ends with only 4 hours of sleep before I start another work day again. Not in my wheelhouse apparently. Gosh- I'm sleepy.

So, here I am on Friday.... just wrapped up another 8 hour work day (good thing it was at home on Conference Calls, emails and returning phone calls, but still...) and I am darn worn out. An early movie, dinner with a friend and I expect to be in bed before 10PM. And I am just fine with that.

I must say, I had an absolute blast last night. The city of San Francisco, especially on December 1st as the holiday season is in full swing, has so much to offer- lights, sights and fun. I laughed so much, enjoyed the company and did not overdo it on food nor liquor, but a little more sleep would have made it even better. What a fun night. I smile as I remember the fun.

Confession: I am confident, despite my whining, I will do it again. Just not very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment