Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Hodge-Podge

No clue why I get up so darn early (7:30am is early to me on a Sunday) when I was up late eating delicious food and drinking tart cocktails (followed by more wine) with Utah Guy. GREAT early birthday evening.... But enough about that. No blogging about my (good) love life. Ever.

Topic(s) for Sunday: What Happens in Vegas..., The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Pop Culture, and What I Look Forward to These Days.

I know... these topics have zero in common. Just what happens to be on my lazy weekend mind today.

First up... Vegas. Not what you may think, my friends. Wow- things sure are different when you are in Las Vegas for work versus pleasure (at least for me- it's like the GOOD version of Jekyll and Hyde). For pleasure, it's like your inner Pamela Anderson tries to come out (thinking Dancing with the Stars) and you try to stay out as close to sunrise as possible, acting like you are 21 again. For work, it's in bed by 10 or 11PM so you can get up at 5:45AM every morning to work off the food and drinks from the night prior. Wow. What is NOT different: the need to spend over $500 on a pair of heels just because of the label. No excuses here; you know me- total label whore. That's all for me in Vegas. Either dress snappy and stay out late or dress a little more conservative and go to bed early, but ALWAYS enjoy a cocktail or 2 or 3... and gamble a tad. I said a tad. BUT there is always, always shopping. That never changes. I will post pics of shoes later. How exciting! And, of course, there is always what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. That will never be shared. Never. A girl must have secrets to keep you on your toes.

Next...Pop Culture. US Weekly is my airplane weakness. There is only so much work one can do on the plane. There are those stories you can read over and over again even if they are on the cover 5 weeks in a row and there are those that make me roll my eyes every time I see the cover photos (Kate Goselin anyone???) So, in my professional opinion (ha!) here is the recent good and bad:

Good- Sandra and Jesse (poor girl)
The re surge in popularity of Betty White (you go girl!)
Bradley Cooper (a girl can NEVER get enough)
The Kardashians (I have no clue why I care, but.... one issue- see below)

Bad- Heidi & Spencer (just plain gross)
The Jersey Shore freaks (even grosser)
The Pitt-Jolie clan (NOT impressed, move on)
Tiger (I have heard enough- just let the guy golf and his wife move on)
Kourtney Kardashian's boyfriend Scott (he just makes the girls look bad)

You'd think between a job that keeps me on the road constantly, living in 2 states, a boyfriend in 1 and a cat in the other, taking mini-vacations as often as I can, early morning exercise daily, and planning a crap load of fun events that I would have a life, but apparently I do not. I LOVE POP CULTURE. Keep it coming...

Last... what I am looking forward to most these days. 2 things right now: Cabo with the family for my birthday in April and NYC with Amy for Sex & the City 2 in May. Sooooo excited!!!!! Cabo- fun, sun, and relaxation (not to mention a little tequila) and NYC- where do I start??? Movie, hot spots, sight-seeing, and shopping, shopping, shopping!!! These are the thoughts that keep me going every day- looking forward to my "rewards for working hard". Can't wait to post Cabo and NYC pics after each trip. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Did I mention these topics have zero in common? Yep. Just what my blog is for. What goes through my crazy head. Spending so much time at work on other people "stuff", there definitely needs to be "stuff" for me; this is where you can find it. Bring on the adventure kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment