Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pet Peeves

I guess this may seem a bit pessimistic, but today my topic is PET PEEVES.

I was thinking about this as I was running on the treadmill at 24 Hour Fitness this morning and I heard a woman say, "I can only make it here once this week because I just don't have time to workout". I cringe when people say, "I don't have time" because you MAKE time for what is important; you control your life. Now, I understand crazy things can happen such as you oversleep, a delayed flight, etc. But in general, you know you have 24 hours in each day and you plan accordingly.

Sound bitchy? Maybe... but it's my blog so Pet Peeves it is :)

Now, you may think toilet seat up, slow drivers in the fast lane, etc. Nope- I think I may be a little strange, but I believe some of you would agree with me:

1- "I don't have time" (liar, you just don't want to do it or something else is more important)
2- Poor grammar (It does not get worse than "I seen that", no, you SAW that)
3- People who wear clothes that are obviously to small (remember, it's not about size- size does not matter here!)
4- People who fail to wipe down gym equipment after they use it (gross. sweat.)
5- Fake purses, sunglasses, etc. This shames designers. Either pay more for the real stuff or buy something else if you don't want to spend the money. Besides, they break very quickly. I tried it once while in NYC and that was my punishment. It was ugly, cheap-looking, and it broke fast.
6- Decent restaurants that don't offer black napkins (hello people- white crap on black pants; not pretty)
7- The band One Republic. Don't know why; just don't like 'em. Big pet peeve for me that they exist and make music.
8- Mini Coopers. Again, just don't like them. They should never have been invented.
9- Fake, long acrylic nails on women with ghastly designs and colors. Unprofessional no matter what your profession is. If you must have fake nails, keep them short and plain. Simple is pretty, ladies.
10- Last, but not least, the song "Melt with You" by Modern English. The minute I hear it, the station changes or I run away. Gives me the creeps.

Well, if that is the worst of it, I guess my life is not that bad. I can deal with the loud cell phones talkers in public, people who still say "hella", and folks obsessed with American Idol. I can handle it. But 1-10 above, get out of my way. I post as I giggle out loud. Maybe next it's time for my favorite things.... We'll see...

Gotta go watch American Idol now. Maybe it's One Republic or Modern English night. Oh wait... I seen that episode. Never mind. I just don't have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment