Sunday, January 10, 2010

What is YOUR Favorite restaurant?

Well, I have food on the brain this morning (Ok, when DON'T I have food on the brain???) I believe today it's because I am reminiscing about an exceptional dinner I had a few night ago at my overall favorite... Purple Sage in Park City, Utah.

These thoughts of tantalizing morsels and yummy libations caused my taste buds to stir and my mouth to water (the coffee and Special K are just not doing it for me this fine morning...) and I thought it best to blog about my favorite establishments that I frequent as I travel for work (and fun too).

Best place to start is Purple Sage of course. Here they are and a little bit about each:

1. Purple Sage, Park City, UT www.purplesageparkcity.com
2. Ciao Bella, Minneapolis, MN www.ciaobellamn.com
3. 50 Plates, Portland, OR www.50plates.com
4. Va Da Vi, Walnut Creek, CA www.vadevi.com
5. Purple, Seattle, WA www.thepurplecafe.com
6. Lucy, Denver, CO www.lucyrestaurant.com
7. Yabba Island Grill, Naples, FL www.yabbaislandgrill.com

I will give you fine readers a few of my favorites should you venture to each place and no, I am NOT being paid under the table (nice pun) by these establishments.

Purple Sage- Cheese and bison fondue, blue cheese potato chips, pork tenderloin, steak frites, Purple Sage Martini, and last but not least, butterscotch pudding for dessert. This place is simply scrumptious. Main Street- hidden and hard to find aside from the big piece of gray sage hanging over the door as you enter.

Ciao Bella- Parmesan crusted shrimp (order the large because the small just won't do), any flat bread the offer, and the basic filet mignon and fries are a hit (although I often substitute the fries for butternut squash- yum!), and nice wine list. This may be the Best Buy second home, but I still love it- and the patio is great in the summer.

50 Plates- Dirty Rice beignets (aka rice balls), although they are not that great, just for fun you MUST try the Cheese Poofs, a wide variety of entrees are excellent (hence the term 50 plates), but my favorite is the dessert menu which includes coconut cream cake, banana cream pie, and many other sinful offerings.

Va De Vi- Small plate offerings that fill you up quickly. A few of my best selections are cheese plates, butternut squash ravioli, pommes frites, hanger steak, anything they make with lump shrimp, wine flights, and to end, the dessert sampler- focus on the profiteroles. If you can sit outside by the big tree covered in lights, you have hit the jackpot.

Purple- Another small plate joint like Va De Vi... exceptional wine list with wine and cheese flights, any salad they offer, and small sandwiches- BLTA is great. I also love the decor- heavy tables and chairs with unique table settings.

Lucy- This place may be hard to find, but once you see the pretty red shiny decor, you can't miss it. Love the cocktails, soups, burger, and mac & cheese. This one may surprise you, but I have become a huge fan with 3 visits over the past year.

Yabba- This one is simple. Any grilled fish (they have many to choose from) and the extensive cocktail menu. That about says it all- and of course what is there NOT to like about Naples, Florida???

For you foodies out there, hope you find this intriguing. Upon your travels, check 'em out. And don't forget to head to the gym after you indulge. Enjoy my friends. Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment