Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm Backkkkk...

I must confess, I allowed the hectic holiday season to take over my "normal life" (normal, what normal???) and I did not update my blog for over 45 days. I am sure my 3 followers (ha!) are distraught. So, here I am again just 2 days into 2010. Completed my weekend to-do list, watching "Julie & Julia" on DVD, and eating "Favorite Red Starbursts". Did you know they sell a bag of Favorite Reds ONLY? Great idea candy people! How fascinating!

Anyway, I digress from the point of my entry. This one, thanks to Mom, she said I MUST write about this. Theme: 2 movie theatre events. Seriously, these 2 things did happen 2 days in a row. Ask Mom.

Event Number 1: Pleasant Hill, December 27, Up in the Air
Scene- busy theatre, arrived early to get seats, but it was getting full. No 2 seats together. In the back row, 2 seats open on either side of a couple. Here is how it went:
Mom: "By any chance would you mind moving over 1 so we could sit together as well?" (In a very nice tone)
Ugly, mean, fat, old lady: "Actually, I would mind and I won't move"
Mom: (stunned), "Oh. Ok."
Nice man down the row leaning forward: "Seriously? Did she really just say she would not move? How rude! The nerve of some people!"
Another solo woman: "I will move. That is what nice people do."

Wow. It was not like there was a ton of open seats and no one was going to take these seats. I agree with the random nice man... How rude can some people be??? I mean, it is the holiday season and all...

Event Number 2: Pleasant Hill, December 28, It's Complicated (WARNING: Explicit language ahead...)
Scene- arrived early again and not as busy this day. Mom and I seated in the back waiting for the fun previews to begin. "Santa Claus on crack" came in with a 5th of whiskey in one hand and a big wiener (ok, hotdog) in the other. While getting situated, a couple tried to sneak past to go to open seats, he became angry, and as soon as they sat.... he yelled at them...
COCK SUCKER!!!!

Ok, not really sure WHY the couple appeared as cock suckers, but it was funny. It gets worse...
In the middle of the movie, Oprah appears on scene. Crack Santa then yells.... N#g*r Bitch! (You get the gist, I refuse to type the N word). Wow again. Mom and I stifled our laughter for the rest of the film as we were afraid as to what Mr. Crack might say to us.

Hmmm... I would like to see a few other movies--- maybe "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" but I am afraid of what I may encounter... Oh well, I may just have to give it a shot. Wish me luck!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! More entries to come soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment