Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How Clean Are Hotel Rooms? Really...

We have all heard the stories... and have seen the expose' on the news that reflects on how hotel rooms are really not that clean... such as maids doing who-knows-what with your toothbrush and never washing the drinking glasses or washing them with window cleaner...

Due to the fact that I spend many a night in a work related hotel room alone, I have a definite ritual when I arrive in the room whether it's the Ritz Carlton or a Motel 6 (ok, that's a lie- it's usually a Hilton). Basically, there are 2 MUSTS:

1- Immediately pull the comforter off the bed and NEVER go near it
2- Get out my travel-size Clorox wipes and wipe down EVERY surface, starting with the remote control

My friends and colleagues find this humorous, but I think it's simple: Safety First!

Here is what I have heard, and I do NOT think many of these are urban legends.
In addition to the toothbrush and glasses fiasco...

* Men with 1 hand down their pants and the other on the remote while enjoying some adult entertainment (think comforter as well- and you know they RARELY wash those things..ewww- oh, the comforter, not the men)
* Flight attendants using the coffee maker to wash their nylons- think hot water running...
* NEVER use the lotion provided in the bathroom--- you never know if it's REALLY lotion
* Turn the pillow cases inside out or simply bring your own- just to safe, ya never know...

I think that should do it to start. Just trying keep the germs away. Or, I may cause you to never want to stay in a hotel as long as you live. Not my intent, but your decision.

Happy Travels friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment