Monday, April 21, 2014

The Little Things

This past weekend I had the opportunity to drive to Reno (about 3.5 hours) to visit a great friend and her family. I'm not a big fan of Reno; but I am a big fan of Vanessa. And the other Anderson's.

No work; no laptop; no calls to return; nothing to do but have fun.

Great steak dinner. Sleeping. Pedicure & manicure. Walking. Fund raising party. Wine. More wine. Good home made food. More sleep. Hanging out with a joyful 6-year-old.

Did I mention how many times said 6-year-old did my hair and make-up? Braids, pony tails, just brushing... I love that she loves it. (Vanessa's daughter by the way).

The simple things even more simplified... Picking out fun nail polish colors, selecting donuts with frosting, debating eye shadow colors... All through the eyes of a child. Oh, the decisions.

Now I am back home. Working. In the real world. I think some of my decisions this week should be from a giggly childlike lens. We will see what that brings...

1 comment: