Sunday, November 11, 2012

Preparing for Thanksgiving Dinner

This will be the very first Thanksgiving feast I prepare on my very own (yes, I am 40 years old, but I have many excuses- I have always worked in retail, others always cook, etc.).  So this is a big one.

Here is what I am thinking:

Ordered a nice, fresh, organic, free-range turkey. Yes, I know to remove the giblets and such from inside before I cook it.
I also ordered a pumpkin and amaretto cake. Yum.
I love cranberry sauce from the can- that is what I am sticking with.
I am excited to make some "veggie concoctions"- things with green beans, almonds and such.  This is where my creativity will come into play. Yeah!
My mashed potatoes will NOT have lumps.
My gravy will NOT be as good as Dad's. Deal with it.
My stuffing WILL be as good as Dad's (I hope). Because he will teach me how.
Jarrod will get to pick what kind of warm, tasty bread-like thing I make.  That will be fun too.

Most important, I can do it and there will be leftovers for days.  That is key.

Dinner will be served around.... oh let's 3PM or so.  Retail still. Must work that night.
Now, what about Christmas dinner..... Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment