Saturday, August 25, 2012

If You're Happy And You Know It....



Clap your hands.... I know

But that's not what I am talking about today.  Talking about being happy and what makes you happy. I know I am kind of a dork, but I keep lists of everything.  To-do list, budget list, medical check-ups, friends I need to see/call, places I want to visit, movies I want to see.... pretty much everything.

2 of my my favorites- I track days I exercise and days I am happy. Of course, there is a correlation.  Usually days I work out, I am happy. Imagine that.  And when I get enough sleep. And when I eat healthy.  Just the way it is.

I was thinking about this because someone asked me what the "smiley faces" were on the upper right hand corner of my Franklin organizer pages (yes, I still use a paper organizer- can't function without it- can't use the electronic version that I should these days- paper still works for me).  That is how I "list" my good and bad days.  Smiley faces for the good days and frowny faces for the  days that were not that great or just down right horrible. 

The good news is, there always seem to be a ton more smiley faces than frowny faces.  I would say, on average, about 2-3 frowny faces a month.  Good news- it's August 26th and zero frowny faces in 26 days- that is a very good thing.  I have also exercised 18 days thus far this month. Another good thing.

The point is, we create our own happiness.  Yep, there are some things we cannot control, but for the most part, we make the decisions that create our mood, our happiness in life.  I guess I just choose to be happy.  As much as I can.  Music, movies, sunshine, my kitty, wine... all that helps too.

If you're happy and you know stomp your feet!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment