Saturday, February 25, 2012

Naples Wrap Up

Oh!!! How could I forget~!? Mom and I also went to the spa for fabulous 80 minute massages on Wednesday.... maybe in my relaxed state, I simply forgot to add that to my blog post that day. Wow. Oh- and one more... Dad's grouper, veggies and everything else he made was wonderful. Great way to round out the day. Yummy. Thanks Pops. Sensational day in Florida.

So, onto the last day and a half.... Thursday- after another workout (to be sure I can consume as many calories as possible during each day) we made our way to Marco Island.... lunch on the bay at CJs (tasty blue cheese chips- I find them everywhere I go) and then some time at the beach. Nice beach. Last ocean day. Boo hoo. Water was warm enough for Mom to get in. That is a tough task. Mom does NOT like cold ocean water. We ended the last night at one of my favorite Naples haunts- Bayside Seafood Grill- upstairs, overlooking the water on Venetian Bay, outdoor bar with live entertainment. Great. That surely wrapped up a wonderful vacation.

Friday came quickly with one last breakfast out at Toast and some quick pool time (catching some final quick rays) before I had to head to the airport. Sad. And not looking forward to 8 hours on a plane. But, it went OK and now I am home. Rather easy trip, if I do say.

Naples was wonderful as always. This annual (hopefully more in the future) is always grand. Something about that place gets me every time. Some people believe it's "too slow"- but maybe that is just my style. Miami has it's time and place- but I am a slow-paced-Naples girl. Pics to follow soon.
Thank you Mom, Dad & Southwest Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment