Friday, November 5, 2010

Holiday in Retail....

It happens every year. It never changes. Long hours. Tons of stress. Fun. Crabby people. Christmas joy. To Do lists that never end...

Holiday. In. Retail.

For me, this is year #15. Wow. You would think I would learn. Well, actually I have in some areas. I know from November 1 to January 1, I pretty much do nothing but work. When I do have some time off, all I want to do it sleep. Or lounge, Like I am doing right now. On the road for the past 5 days straight- now home- on the couch in sweats with a slice of pizza in one hand and the remote control in the other.

Why do we do it??? Well, answer in this case is simple really; it's my job. No choice. But what always amazes me is how surprised I get every year. You would think by #15, I would have it down pat. Nope. Always new excitement that pops up. Always crazy stories to share.

You are probably wondering why I would post such comments... simply to say, I may be frazzled, I may post some weird stuff over the next several weeks, and if I use foul language or start to speak in tongues, you will know why. It happens.

Bring on the long lines. The Christmas carols. The gift shoppers. The stockings. The upset employees. The Christmas photo cards. The fighting over "that product". The holiday TV specials. Yep, it's all worth it. 5 days down... about 55 to go. Yippee.

Prepare for interesting posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment