Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!

This is a special Father's Day... really wanted to be here for my Dad as he is recovering from major back surgery. The plan was to clean the house this morning and make a dinner of his choice tonight.

This morning, I cleaned like mad--- bathroom, sweeping, dusting, vacuum, etc. When that was done, I went for a run and then had some "Girl Time" with Mom as we went out for lunch, to the Stone Arch Art Festival downtown (so bummed that I did not find anything I wanted to buy
:(...), and to Gap for some new summer t-shirts.

Back home, I fired up the grill (truly I have become a Grill Master over the past few months!) and put the weinies on the grill- along with Dad's other selections of potato salad, baked beans, and chips the dinner was complete. The rule was the potato salad MUST come from Santorini where they have the "famous Nicklow's Potato Salad" (truthfully, I tried a bite... must say I am NOT a fan. kinda gross if ya ask me).

A very nice Father's Day for the best Daddy ever. Rounded out a great weekend after a long week... Friday Happy Hour with Sue and Maggie, Saturday Julie and Ben's wedding followed by lots of wine with Andi and ending with a pop into Kelsey's welcome home party last night. Having today being able to spend time with Mom & Dad and help them out a bit made for a good weekend when things have been kinda rough lately.

Here's to a good week to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment