Sunday, February 16, 2014

Another Napa Experience

Yesterday I crashed the Valentine's weekend of my dear friends Vanessa & Rudy on their 2nd day of a Napa weekend. Living less than 45 minutes from the heart of Napa valley has it's privileges.

Our first visit was Groth- new to me. Great experience. Walked away with a Sauvignon Blanc and a Cab. Next up was Silver Oak- always a winner.

Next up... Lunch. Goose & Gander. So yummy. Cheese, artisan cocktails and split burger with duck fat fries. Not really sure what that was, but good to eat.

Last 2 wineries were Flora Springs were I am a member and last was Alpha Omega. This one was an experience... Valet parking, waiting on a list for tasting.... But it was delicious. Most bottles more than $90 each. Worth it. Smooth (yes, I should like a wine snob. I am fine with that). 1 mixed bottle of Era for me. Putting that one away for a special time to come.

Ended the day with dinner at Bottega. Everything was fabulous. Shaved brussel sprout salad, short rib meatballs and warm doughnuts were my tops. Along with a bottle of Cakebread pinot noir- courtesy of Rudy & Vanessa.

About 9 hours of luxurious company, wines, driving through the valley and tasty food. Wow. I can never get enough of wine country.



No comments:

Post a Comment