Friday, June 22, 2012

Rewards for Rewards

I confess that I got a bit carried away with eating the past several weeks.... OK months.  I used my birthday, vacation and super busy with work and travel as excuses to eat as long as I was exercising. Enough is enough.  I know better than that.  I am "satisfied" with my body, but not "happy" with my body so time to get back in gear.

First, I know I feel better when I eat better AND work out.  Second, feeling better about my body is reward enough. However.... the reward is even better with more reward. I will reward my reward.

My ultimate goal is to lose 25 pounds.  If I go down 20, that is where I was at when I was at my best 2 years ago.  If I get there, I would be satisfied.  If I drop the 25, I will ecstatic.  That is the overall goal.

Here is what I decided.  Short term and long term goals. I made these decisions:

1- If I stuck it out for 1 week and dropped even 1 pound, I would reward myself with the new Kate Spade purse I have been eyeing (reward received this week!)
2- If I loose 10 pounds, I get a pair of shoes of my choice from Foot Candy (no price limit....OK, less than $700)
3- If loose 20 pounds, I get to spend the Tiffany gift card for lots of money that I have been holding on to for quite some time
4- If I get to the ultimate goal of 25 pounds, it's time for a shopping spree of new clothes... no holds bar!

See? The reward is the weight loss and health improvement and I will reward the reward.  Love it.
So far so good.  So far I love the warm weather, healthier food and continued exercise. 
Off for the weekend.....  see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment