Monday, September 5, 2011

Fall TV Premiers

Back from Cabo, Back to Reality... but also Back to Fall TV Premiers! Love this time of year, TV junkie that I am. Thank goodness for DVR!

I have counted: 29 shows to DVR this year thus far (a few always fall off and a few more added as the season progresses). Good news- only 2 of my faves fell off this year: "Brothers & Sisters" and "Better With You". Not bad odds. Looking at standard networks only- HBO, Showtime, etc. is an entire different subject. Entourage, Nurse Jackie, US of Tara, etc. Love 'em. And the other networks with great summer line-ups such as TNT, Lifetime, ABC Family, etc. Lots of good, mindless fun out there.

Premiers I am most excited for this year:
Pan Am (bring back to old school glamour of airline travel)
Up All Night (Welcome back Christina Applegate!)
Charlie's Angels (my childhood revisited)
Whitney (she is hilarious)
Hart of Dixie (I have missed Rachel Bilson since The OC)

A few honorable mentions:
Ringer (I have missed Sarah Michelle as well)
Playboy Club (yes, I admit it)
Revenge (at least one of my fave actors from Brothers & Sisters has a new show)
Prime Suspect (how can you not like Maria Bello?)

Many happy returns- the best of the best (in my eyes anyway):
Big Bang Theory (best writing ever)
Two & a Half Men (waiting to see where Ashton takes this)
The Good Wife (amazing show)
Biggest Loser (one of the few reality shows I like)
Modern Family (hilarious)
Parenthood (wonderful cast)
Cougartown (this one keeps getting better and better each season)

And last, but not least, will give these returns another shot this year:
How I Met Your Mother
Mike & Molly
Happy Endings
Rules of Engagement
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
Desperate Housewives (final season- probably a good thing)
One Tree Hill (we will see about this one...)
America's Next Top Model (Tyra drives me crazy, but for some reason I love this show)

Let the festivities begin September 13!!! :) Look forward to my "expert reviews" to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment