Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Weekend

I love this time of year (usually because it's around my birthday!)- but as much as I do NOT like ham- honey baked or not- not a ham fan, but I do like Easter. Maybe it's the bunny, deviled eggs, chocolate, and jelly beans???

Anyway, I have the worlds best Mom who always gave us baskets filled with "good chocolate" (think Fanny Farmer, Godiva, See's etc.)- not that waxy, fake drug store crap- think quality not quantity, friends. Mmmm... I think my favorite was Fanny Farmer chocolate covered pretzels. Love the mix of salty and sweet. Now, years later, I still follow in Wonder Mom's footsteps when I buy candy for gifts and such.

Aside from the basket of tastiness, I also love the family meals (again, as long as I can avoid the ham). As an adult, also not a fan of buffets (as I kid it was fun to pick and choose a little of this and little of that)- you end up paying a ton of money and get full of (many times) crappy food very quickly. So, not a fan in general. One exception is Scott's Seafood Sunday Champagne brunch (Walnut Creek). Yep- that passes the test. Give that one a try.

BUT I love picking great places to go for Easter with family and friends. This year the lucky winner is Skates on the Bay in Berkley with Jarrod and Jennifer. Bring on the mimosas and seafood! Looking forward to being thankful for what I have as we celebrate tomorrow.

Thank you Easter Bunny! (and of course Jesus too).

No comments:

Post a Comment