Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2011 is here! Looking forward to another wonderful year. 2010 was one of the best thus far (in my life anyway) and I am looking for 2011 to be even better. The expectations are high!

I have never been one for New Year's Resolutions. My thoughts are this: If you live your best healthy, happy, honest life all year long, there should be no need for resolutions. However, I understand everyone has goals. Goals are great. And little "slip ups" here and there are ok too. :)

I have goals- such as places I want to travel in the world, things I want to provide my parents due to all they have provided for me, etc. but here's my ideas of living your best life everyday:

* Exercise several times per week
* Eat as healthy as possible (this is where the slip up's come in- little indulgences are fine- did I mention I like my wine and cupcakes???)
* Work hard to be successful at your career (you determine what this means to you)
* Treat people, especially your family and friends, with respect and honesty
* Have fun! Try new things!
* Love a pet
* Keep up on annual health check-ups- ALL of them
* Have a hobby or 2 and keep up with them
* Keep a financial budget and stick to it
* Take at least one vacation per year- no matter what- to keep sane (I try to take at least 3...)
* Conduct little surprises for people now and then (isn't that fun!?)
* And last but not least, make sure you have lots of love in your life- lots of love

Those are the general rules I live by. Simple. Ok, easier said than done, but how life should be lived in my book. A good life. Things were good in 2010 and looking for 2011 to be great. Keep focused on what matters. Enjoy 2011!

I wish everyone in blog-land a happy, healthy, fun and prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment