Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wine County Favorites

Oh how I love my wine county days... Yesterday was no exception.  I made plans to hit my 2 favorite wineries, which luckily happen to be closest to my home- Artesa and Domaine Carneros. Both are a stones throw from the Carneros Inn which has some awesome restaurants too. Did not indulge this trip, but will later!

My neighbor Jennifer and I made a day of it. First up.... Artesa. It was super busy, but as a member, we had the private room (yes, I am aware that sounds snobby, but when it comes to wine, I don't care). Lots of yummy Pinots (my weakness) and more. Then off to The Lodge at Sonoma for lunch at Carneros Bistro. Think creamy asparagus soup with fresh Dungeness crab. Jennifer enjoyed some swordfish tacos that she said were to die for. Yum!

After refueling, we headed to Sonoma Square for Eric K James winery. A very unique, eclectic boutique tasting room. Left there, after wine tasting, with some blood orange olive oil & some pomegranate balsamic vinegar. Wow! Can't wait to try those soon...

Last, but certainly not least, was Domaine Carneros for bubbles! Enter squeal with delight here. Not to mention the lovely sparkling cheese plate to accompany the flight.  So delightful. What a way to end the day. Again, in the private tasting room. Do you see a trend here?

Left home at 11am. Home by 6pm. Fabulous wine day. Just enough. I sure do love living here.
Happy "wining" to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment