Saturday, March 19, 2011

Contradiction of Terms

Is it bizarre that I am watching episodes of shows such as "The Biggest Loser" and "Shedding for the Wedding" (yes, that is an actual show) while I surf the Ben & Jerry's ice cream website for new flavors??? www.benjerry.com

Let's start at the beginning.... well, not the beginning.. but yesterday.

Yesterday I was on the airplane reading about a new Ben & Jerry's flavor created for Jimmy Fallon named "Late Night Snack"- vanilla bean ice cream with chocolate covered potato chips and a caramel swirl. YUM. You either love or hate candy-coated-salty-potato chips... me, I love 'em. The best come from Fanny Farmer or Fanny Mae, but I digress... This ice cream rocks (at least from the title). But as I was at the grocery store today, ironically purchasing fruit, veggies, and lean meat, I checked the freezer isle and no "Late Night Snack" to be found. Oh, they had the standards... Jerry Garcia, Half Baked, Phish Food, etc. No nothing from Mr. Fallon.

So, at home.... heating up the DVR for a Saturday evening relaxing at home and on comes the weight loss reality shows. I can't believe this crazy buck-toothed, open mouthed gal Taylor who is trying to lose weight and win her dream wedding actually, truly believes she consumes less than 600 calories per day and can't understand why she is not losing weight!? Honey, the bagel with eggs and cheese that you ate for breakfast had more than 600 calories alone! Again, I am judging while I log onto the B&J's website. On a side note, what a great site! They even have a Flavor Graveyard for all of the discontinued flavors- that was kinda fun. Check it out.

Well, to my chagrin, "Late Night Snack" is too new... not in any stores yet. Boo hoo. But... something to look forward to, I guess. In the meantime, I will watch more weight loss reality. Wait.... better yet, I will just go back to the gym myself and make it real.

24 Hour Fitness, here I come! Elliptical, bring me some more weight loss so I can bring myself some ice cream later!

No comments:

Post a Comment